FTI Event Safety During the Pandemic (updated 1/27/2022)
As the COVID-19 Global Pandemic continues, Florida Tax Institute (FTI) is preparing for the upcoming event with the health, safety, and well-being of attendees in mind. FTI is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment in which to learn. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, sponsors, FTI staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by the polices and protocols in effect for the event.
We will continue to monitor and update safety precautions for the Florida Tax Institute regularly and coordinate with trusted national resources, state and local public health agencies, and the hosting hotel.
At this time, we plan to be in-person in Tampa on February 2 – 4, 2022. Until the Institute begins, we will continue to assess the risks in the area local to the event and the current status in the United States. In keeping with the Institute’s duty of care and the responsibility as the host, FTI has implemented safety requirements for the 2022 Florida Tax Institute.
All participants at the Florida Tax Institute are required to wear a mask during the educational sessions in the H. B. Plant Ballroom. Masks must cover both the mouth and nose.
FTI will work with the venue to provide physical distance in the event space to allow individuals who wish to physically distance while in sessions to do so comfortably.
Other Safety Measures
FTI is continuing to develop onsite protocols. For example:
• FTI has asked that all JW Marriott Tampa Water Street staff wear masks during conference events and activities.
• Attendees will be offered a colored wristband that indicates their comfort level for distancing, handshakes/etc.
• Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the property, at registration, and on all vendor tables.
• Masks will be available if an attendee loses their personal mask.
• Hotel has been advised to include plexi-glass or a similar divider at all buffet tables; food will be served by hotel staff so attendees are not handling the serving pieces.
• Attendees are asked to maintain an appropriate and comfortable distance from one another in buffet lines, at registration, and at break and coffee stations.
• Audio Visual equipment will be sanitized or swapped out following each presentation.
• Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior to arrival. The hotel will provide housekeeping every day during your stay. Those guests who wish to have housekeeping services limited or eliminated should let guest services know of their wishes upon arrival.
Your Health During the Institute
Guests who have tested positive for COVID-19 within 24 hours of attendance, or who feel unwell and/or exhibit any signs of illness during our time together, are asked not to attend the Institute or portions thereof and should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a registration transfer or refund.
Any attendee exhibiting signs of illness may be asked to leave the event.
These procedures may be modified at any time given the rapidly changing nature of the current global pandemic.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tampa for a wonderful FTI event!