As the COVID-19 Global Pandemic continues, Florida Tax Institute (FTI) is preparing for the upcoming event with the health, safety, and well-being of attendees in mind. FTI is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment in which to learn. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, sponsors, FTI staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by the polices and protocols in effect for the event.
We will continue to monitor and update safety precautions for the Florida Tax Institute regularly and coordinate with trusted national resources, state and local public health agencies, and the hosting hotel.
At this time, we plan to be in-person in Tampa on February 2 – 4, 2022. Until the Institute begins, we will continue to assess the risks in the area local to the event and the current status in the United States. In keeping with the Institute’s duty of care and the responsibility as the host, FTI has implemented safety requirements for the 2022 Florida Tax Institute.
All participants at the Florida Tax Institute are requested to wear a mask during the event. Masks are to be worn at all times except while actively eating/drinking, presenting, or in an outdoor venue where individuals can be physically distant. Masks must cover both the mouth and nose.
FTI will work with the venue to provide physical distance in the event space to allow individuals who wish to physically distance while in sessions to do so comfortably.
FTI is continuing to develop onsite protocols. For example:
• All Florida Tax Institute & Marriott staff will be required to wear masks.
• Meeting rooms will be set with significant distancing.
• Hotel has been advised to include plexi-glass at all buffet tables and staff will be serving food so attendees are not handling the serving pieces.
• Audio Visual equipment will be sanitized and replaced following each presentation.
• Attendees will be provided a colored wristband that indicates their comfort level for social distancing, handshakes/etc.
• Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the property, at registration and on all vendor tables.
• Masks will be available if an attendee loses their personal mask.
• Lunch tables will be set with reduced numbers of individuals at each table
More information will be posted on the website and communicated via email as it becomes available throughout the preparation for your arrival in Tampa.
These procedures may be modified at any time given the rapidly changing nature of the current global pandemic.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tampa for a wonderful FTI event!