UF Law Tax Program 50th Anniversary Dinner
Join the Florida Tax Institute and Levin College of Law on Thursday February 15, 2024, as we host a dinner celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Tax Program at the Levin College of Law.
- The dinner will be emceed by Professor Dennis Calfee.
- The dinner will honor all faculty members who have taught in the tax program, with particular spotlight on the founding faculty.
- The dinner will provide attendees with a better understanding of the origins of the tax program along with its rise to preeminence.
- The dinner will celebrate the more than 3,000 tax lawyers trained by the tax program, many of whom will be in attendance. The dinner will provide attendees with opportunities to continue their support of the graduate tax program. The Stephen A. Lind eminent Scholar Chair will be one such opportunity.
Stephen A. Lind Eminent Scholar Chair
The Stephen A. Lind Eminent Scholar Chair in Federal Income Taxation is part of a group solicitation project to raise an endowment fund of $1.5 million for the Graduate Tax Program at the Levin College of Law.
- The balance remaining to endow the Chair is approximately $450,000.
- This Chair honors Professor Stephen Lind who taught tax courses at the College from 1970 to 1998 and was one of the founding faculty members of the Graduate Tax Program.
- The income from this endowed fund will be used to attract an Eminent Scholar in Taxation.
- Contributions to this project qualify for a deduction under IRC Section 170.
- Pledges can be over a five year period or payable in any year in the five year period